HP printer makes our everyday office tasks easy. But sometimes we get issues with the printer like the “HP printer Offline” issue and this is where our task becomes difficult.
If your computer shows you the error that says “HP Printer offline” then don’t worry just call on our customer support number and our representative will solve the issue and will check if your “HP printer is offline” or if any other issue is there. They will convert the “HP printer offline” error to HP printer online by resolving the issue.
Sometimes we are in hurry and wanted to print an important document and suddenly get a notification on the screen that your HP printer is offline Windows 10 computer. In this situation, we get in a dilemma about what to do now. But the fix is very easy to solve the “HP printer offline” issue.
Your printer might appear offline when it can’t communicate with your computer.
If you get an error of HP Printer Offline, then try the following:
- Go to start.
- Go to settings.
- Select devices under settings.
- Select Printers & scanner.
- Then select your printer.
- Open Queue.
- Under printer, check that ‘Use printer offline’ is not selected.
If this doesn’t help contact “HP printer offline support“.
These are the following steps to solve printer offline error
1. Check cable and Printer:
When you see the error of HP Printer offline in windows 10. Check if the cable ends are connected properly. If your printer is connected through the Wi-Fi, check if your internet is working properly or not and make sure the router is working properly. If your printer is connected through the network, make sure if your internet cable is connected properly.
Also, try connecting printer cable to different ports or the sockets of your device as many times your if your cable is connected to the wrong port or socket then you will get “HP printer is offline” error on your computer.
Try to connect a different cable to check if the cable is not the reason behind this problem. Many times, the problem occurs due to a network connection, to check this try connecting a cable to your pc or any device that is connected to your printer.
2. Remove and reinstall:
- Go to the start menu and go to the Control Panel.
- Under the control panel select devices and printers, select your printer. Click Remove Device.
- Now click add a printer option under devices and printers and configure the printer again. This can help your resolve the “HP Printer offline in windows 10”.
3. Clear pending print jobs or print jam:
Go to the Start menu on your PC. Go to control panel, under control panel select devices and printers. Under devices and printer, right-click on the See What’s Printing option. Cancel all the print jams. If you are not able to cancel any pending print job then try to restart your PC and your printer as well.
Update printer drivers or try reinstalling the latest drivers from the HP website. After trying these options try to print again and see if you still see the “HP printer Offline” error.
4. Check drivers and update the drivers:
HP printer gives “HP printer is offline” error is the drivers of the printer are outdated or corrupted. Updating or reinstalling the drivers can fix this issue.
You can update the driver using the following steps:
- Go to the search bar on the left bottom corner of your windows 10 computer and search for Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager and find printers and expand it.
- Under printers, you have to locate your printer’s model number and right-click on it.
- When you right-click on your printer’s model number you have to click on the Update Driver option.
- Then, select the search automatically option and your printer drivers will get updated.
- Once this process is completed, restart your computer.
5. Troubleshoot the spooler setting:
You will get an error like “HP Printer is offline in Windows 10” if your printer’s spooler is stopped.
The following steps will show you how to fix this issue:
- On the left bottom corner of your computer screen, you will see a search bar. You have to type ‘Run’ in that search bar and hit enter button. A ‘Run’ dialog box will appear where you have to type ‘Services. MSC and click OK.
- Now, a new page will open where you will see a list of multiple options, you have to find the ‘Print Spooler option in that list.
- Right-click on it and select Stop. This will pause the print spooler services.
- Next, open windows file explorer on your computer and click on the address bar
- Under windows file explorer and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on ‘OK’. Delete all the files in the printer folder to clear the queue for printing.
- Now go back to print spooler options under Services. MSC page and right-click on it and select Start. This will resume the spooler services.
- Next, restart your HP printer and your computer.
Some more ways are:
Restarting your printer by turning it off and wait for 30 seconds to disconnect the printer’s power cord, shut down the computer.
Then, connect the power cord back to the printer and turn ON the printer. Turn on your computer and check if you get the “Printer is offline” message again or not.
“HP printer offline in windows 10” is the common error that most of us can face anytime. And we can get this error even if everything seems fine with our device and with our internet. We try to find out the main reason for this problem that why our “printer is offline” even if we are properly connected to the device and internet. So, don’t get confused sometimes the solution can be as simple as your cable not correctly attached or a simple error coming due to a paper jam. In case of further investigation or queries, just call on our toll-free and our customer support team will resolve the issue within a fraction of time.
Our team will troubleshoot the “HP printer offline” error, get to the core of this problem, and will fix it.