How to Resolve the Outlook Email Stuck in Outbox?
April 29, 2022
- Written by:
- Reading Time: 9 minutes
Sitting in the office and having a lot of work, you send an important email to your client and thought it was sent. And, after a few minutes, you receive a call to send that Email fast but you confirm that you have already sent that Email. So why your client hasn’t received it yet? You open your outlook and find that the Outlook Email stuck in the outbox. In a hurry, you try to google the issue and try to find the solution but you are not getting simple and better solutions. So here we are providing you with some direct solutions that will fix your Outlook email stuck problem.
Why are Emails stuck in outbox in outlook?
Before getting the solution let us know the reason why are emails stuck in outbox in outlook.
So, whenever we send an email from outlook sometimes it gets stuck to the outbox:
- The issue can be with the network connection. Whenever our internet gets fluctuates or if there is a bad connection, the recipients don’t receive the emails if you have a bad internet connection.
- If the status of your outlook is offline. Outlook becomes offline if the internet connection is not working properly, if the OST file is corrupt, if the outlook profile is corrupt, if the account configuration is not done properly or if the server of the outlook is not working.
- Problems with the incoming and outgoing servers can create issues while sending and receiving Emails.
- If an attachment is very large. And if you are trying to send an attachment with a large size then the Email stuck in outbox in outlook.
- If the password is incorrect. Sometimes by mistake, we enter the wrong password while setting up the account in outlook. Or sometimes we change our email password but we don’t change it in outlook. At that time, we get problems with sending emails in outlook.
- If the mail server is down due to maintenance, then also you can get issues in sending Emails in outlook.
Must Read: Outlook Not Syncing On Devices | Find Solutions Today
How to Fix the Issue if email stuck in outlook outbox
We can fix the Outlook outbox issues with the given steps.
- First, we will check if our internet is working properly or not. If not then Unplug your Modem device and wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Now Open Outlook and try to send the email again.
- Double-check the recipient’s email. Sometimes we put a comma instead of a dot by mistake. That also doesn’t allow us to send an Email. So, try re-entering Email and send it again.
- Check if the status of your outlook is online or not. If you see the offline status, go to send/receive and click on Offline and if it gets change to online then it means your outlook is online now.
- Avoid sending very large attachments.
Still, email stuck in outlook outbox? Try the following steps:
- Check whether your email server settings are correct or not. If not then
- Close Outlook
- Open the control panel on your computer and on the top right corner under the search box type mail
- Under mail click on your profile and select your email
- Go to Email settings and enter correct server settings of your Email.
You can also delete your email and add it again in outlook.
- Check if the “Send immediately when connected” option is enabled or not. If not then
- Go to the File option in outlook
- Select Options
- Click on “Advanced”
- Under send and receive options check the box that shows “Send immediately when connected”
- Select OK
- Close outlook and reopen it. And check if you get Outlook Email stuck in outbox
- Restore Outlook or Microsoft office app.
- Close outlook and all other Microsoft Office applications.
- On your computer open the control panel
- Go to programs
- Click programs and features
- Select the Microsoft office version and right-click on it
- Select online repair and again click repair
- Restart the computer once the repair process is complete.
- Delete all emails in the outbox.
- Open Outlook
- Go to outbox
- Delete all emails in the outbox
- Restart outlook
- Try to send an email again.
- Check if the password you entered is correct or not.
- In outlook, Go to file
- Go to Account settings
- Click on Account Settings
- Select Email option
- Select the Email account that you have a problem with
- Then Select change
- Type of change new password of your Email
- Click next
- Then Click finish
- Now Click send/receive tab to resend the emails stuck in the outbox.
10. Check if the server port that you are using is not blocked by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). If so, then try changing your port and restart outlook.
- Try Re sending email directly from Outbox. Sometimes Emails get stuck due to large attachments or slow internet so if you try to send an Email directly from your outbox it will be sent.
- If your Antivirus program is scanning all the Outgoing Emails. In this case, you can either turn off your Antivirus programs for some time or let it scan and wait for some time it will be sent automatically.
Must Read: Outlook Cannot Connect To Server | Find the Solutions
Following the above steps, you can fix Outlook Email stuck in outbox issues very easily.